Friday, November 21, 2008

Teenagers and Vintage Jewelry





This week has been crazy! I have 2 teenage boys and they have been really needy this week. Both of them are in band and 1 also wrestles. I have had to have one to early band practice all this week. That involves getting up at 5:00 am and then I pick him up from wrestling practice at 6:30 pm. It's just crazy! I don't even know what day it is anymore. I live out of town about 11 miles too which makes all this running back and forth more difficult. Thank God gas prices have gone down!
Very little time for my Etsy shop and I have some great ideas too! I kinda wrecked the look of my shop by putting in some great vintage jewelry!
Let's talk about vintage jewelry for a sec. I love it! I have several pieces that I wear when I go out. I always get compliments! There is something so Stand Out about it! The rhinestones, the aurora borealis, the form and the dazzle! I know that jewelry companies have tried to reproduce the look but I have to tell you, I can tell the difference! It just doesn't have that same "look".
Not many people wear brooches anymore that I have seen. I do a unique thing with my vintage brooches. I have a couple of light over jacket/sweater type pieces of clothing (plain color, like black) and instead of closing them with that one button, I use a vintage brooch! It just looks fabulous! You can do the same thing with scarves. I always like to stand apart from the crowd in fashion and have always had my own fashion style. When I was in my 20's and HOT I would wear short shorts and cowboy boots. I couldn't get away with that now and back then it was unheard of but looked great! As a matter of fact my friends from back then still make the occasional comment going back to that cowgirl meets Daisy Duke style of mine..hehehe. I love that!
Another thing with vintage jewelry I need to be careful with is selling it! I have sold pieces that I have truly regretted later. I still miss them!

No comments: