Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Etsy Shop Name


So yeah, I'm going to open another Etsy shop for all my cool vintage and antique treasures. Problem is I need a name before I can build it. I agonized over a name for my first shop. I knew the feeling I wanted to convey. The name had to be simple, easy to remember and one that would stick in your mind. Days went by. I went through every primitive, crow, country type name I could think of. They all felt so " already been done". I wanted unique.

I was sitting on my front step one morning, drinking coffee. I looked over at the old antique horse drawn plow that serves as a yard decoration. BINGO! That was it! Horse and Plow! (I have 7 horses too.) That didn't sound as smooth as I would have liked so I played with it a bit. That is how my shop came to be named The Plow and Pony.

Now I am traveling this road again. In brain agony over a name. I believe your shop name needs to reflect your work or whatever it is you're trying to convey. You then build everything else around that. Your banner,your avatar,your business cards. You want to put your mark on everything you do relating to that shop. You want people to remember you.

9 comments:

White rabbit said...

Try out silkfair.com

It's free to set up shop and list; the Etsy import features saves your listing time and they also have special tagging system for handmade, vintage, antique etc.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Search engines are software that crawl the web and
make it easy of searching for particular content over the internet.
You will need to consider which key phrases
you want to try to gain a high ranking with. Right now, there could be small flaws in your website's SEO arsenal that leave you vulnerable to trouble with the search engines or lost traffic.

Here is my webpage :: e-catworld.com

Anonymous said...

Aωeѕomе! Its геallу aωeѕomе аrticle, I hаve
got muсh clear idea about from thіs post.

mу ωeb-ѕitе :: recipes for kids

Anonymous said...

Thanks to my fatheг who informed me оn thе topіc of this
webpage, thiѕ wеb site іs genuinely amazing.



Lооk into mу webpage; http://poshtoshbaby.com/Top100/index.php?a=stats&u=geniabradford

Anonymous said...

We're a gaggle of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your site offered us with useful info to work on. You have done a formidable task and our entire neighborhood will probably be grateful to you.

Here is my web blog :: kormak.ca

Anonymous said...

It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd definitely donate to this excellent blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
I look forward to new updates and will share this site with my
Facebook group. Chat soon!

Also visit my webpage - daycare video's

Anonymous said...

Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared to be
on the web the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you,
I certainly get annoyed while people think about worries that they plainly do not know about.
You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole
thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal.
Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

Visit my weblog: making youtube video

Anonymous said...

Howdy would you mind letting me know which webhost
you're using? I've loaded your blog in 3 different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.
Can you recommend a good web hosting provider at a reasonable price?
Thank you, I appreciate it!

My webpage :: Cosmetic Dentist Glasgow (www.cosmeticdentistglasgow.info)

Anonymous said...

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of
any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet
my newest twitter updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

my page; carbamide teeth bleaching